Pôle Refit La Rochelle’s in a few figures
- 20 Corporate Members
- Over 11 M€ of annual turnover (refits included)
- 330 jobs, including 170 full-time refit workers
- A global site of thousands of square meters, from secured warehouses to careening areas
- A Marina with a capacity of more than 4,600 boats
- More than 40 completed refit projects completed over the 6 last years, including 18 of more than 25 metres
Key Indicators in the Poitou-Charentes Region
The French Poitou-Charentes Region has been linked its natural assets to a historic tradition in order to position the marine industry as the cornerstone of the local economy. This is a key factor for its worldwide reputation, particularly through the city of La Rochelle.
- 10% of French boating activity
- € 500 million of annual turnover, including 90% in the La Rochelle region
- 65% of the activity generated by export
- 300 companies in La Rochelle
- All trades represented
- The biggest marina of the Atlantic Coast
- The only harbour of the Atlantic Coast able to receive boats of more than 25 metres for a technical stop or winter lay-up, right in the city centre.